Graduates - How to Apply
General Admission Conditions
There are three basic requirements for acceptance to a graduate program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- Strong academic average in course work leading to the “Licence”; or, if graduating from a system using the US higher education model, a ‘B’ average or better in the upper level (junior and senior level) work and in any graduate work already completed; or, other evidence of ability to succeed in graduate study
- Adequate preparation for the proposed graduate program; and, acceptance by the appropriate Admissions Committee Selected candidates may be invited for an interview with the admissions committee.
All graduate students wishing to enroll at AUI to pursue a master’s degree are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. For placement purposes, students for whom English is not the first language must submit a TOEFL score of 550 (iBT: 79) and obtain a 5.0 (iBT 20) score in English Writing in order to be admitted to the regular programs, or a TOEFL score of 450 (iBT: 45) ( to be admitted to the Al Akhawayn Language Center.
Graduate applicants to the School of Humanities and Social Sciences with a score between 500 and 547 (iBT: 61 and 77) may enroll in the Al Akhawayn Language Center.
How to apply?
- Complete and submit an on-line Application: Apply Now
- Send the required documents by mail to the Admissions & Outreach Office, P.O BOX 104 Avenue Hassan II Al Akhawayn University, Ifrane 53000 – Morocco:
- Certified copy of the Bachelor's degree or equivalent. “Licence” for applicants who attended Moroccan universities
- Official/certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework attempted and/or completed
- Certificate of Completion if the Bachelor's degree is not yet obtained
- Two letters of recommendation including at least one from a university-level instructor
- Two (2) passport size recent color photographs (Please write your name on the back of each Photo)
- One Copy of identity card, “CIN” for Moroccan citizens (passport for international applicants)
- Complete the attached: “Pledge of Academic Integrity”
- Copy of the candidate page of ‘livret de Famille’ showing the candidate’s full name in both Arabic and Latin scripts (For Moroccan candidates)
- One typed essay written by the applicant him or herself that explains the reasons for seeking admission to the graduate program and that describes the applicant’s background and knowledge of the field
- Detailed résumé (i.e., curriculum vitae or CV)
- Official score report of TOEFL (IBT)/IELTS if available
- Copy of the payment receipt of application fee of 500 DH (800 DH for internationals) and TOEFL fee of 480 DH (if the candidate wishes to take it in AUI)
- Complete the Graduate Checklist
- Certified copy of the high school diploma (High school diplomas based on distance education, GED, DAEU and similar tests are not accepted towards admission)
The following may be helpful in the evaluation of your file:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for Humanities and Computer Science candidates or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) for business degrees candidates
- Work Experience is recommended for MBA candidates.
- AUI students wishing to undertake graduate study upon completion of the bachelor's degree should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
Transcripts, Diplomas, and documents which appear in their original form in other languages than English, Arabic or French must be accompanied by a certified English translation.