About the program
The Presidential Internship Program (PiP) at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI) was established in Fall 2016 with the aim of providing recent graduates from, around the world the opportunity to learn about Moroccan culture and language, while working at an American-style university nestled in a pristine, peaceful region in the Middle Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
Presidential Interns will spend one academic year working at AUI where they will develop interpersonal and office related skills. During the application process, interns can select from a variety of full-time positions within the university and are ultimately matched with the office that best suits their personal interests and professional qualifications.
Al Akhawayn University welcomes applicants from all nationalities and citizenship statuses, who have American-style liberal arts degrees. Please note that students who have completed the entirety of their undergraduate educations in Morocco are not eligible to apply. The internship is designed to allow graduates of other nationalities the opportunity to live and work in Ifrane, and to experience Moroccan culture and language of the wider MENA region.
The perks of being a presidential intern include:
- Rent-free studio apartment style housing in AUI’s Downtown Residence.
- A settling-in allowance and an advance of 500 MAD.
- A monthly stipend of 3000 MAD for living expenses.
- Health insurance and access to the AUI clinic.
- Access to and borrowing privileges from the University Mohammed VI Library, the fitness center, the heated swimming pool, the restaurants and café, academic buildings, and our shuttle system.
- Access to professional development and one AUI course a semester (of the intern’s choice).
- Organized trips around Morocco with various student organizations.
- Opportunities for service and volunteering.
- Interns are entitled to 15 personal days, in addition to official national holidays and a five-day staff break around the New Year.
Still Have Questions? Let Us Know!
To contact us with any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
We’re also active on social media. Feel free to reach out to us on our Facebook account, or else check us out on Instagram at “auipresidentialinternship”.