The School of Science and Engineering prepares well-rounded graduates with a solid practical and theoretical background to succeed in professional work and in further studies. Eleven Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree programs are offered at the undergraduate level:
- Computer Science (BSCSC)
- Engineering and Management Science (BSEMS)
- Manufacturing and Logistics Engineering (BSMLE)(new)
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotization (BSAIR)(new)
- Big Data Analytics (BSBDA)(new)
- Cloud and Mobile Software Design and Development (BSCMS2D)(new)
- Digital Industry (BSDI)(new)
- Computer Systems (BSCSys) (new)
- Engineering Decision Support Systems (BSEDSS) (new)
- General Engineering (BSGE)
- Renewable Energy Systems Engineering (BSRESE)(new)
The BSCSC, BSEMS, and BSGE programs are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET (www.abet.org).
The School of Science and Engineering prepares well-rounded graduates with a solid practical and theoretical background to succeed in professional work and in further studies.
For students who meet certain requirements, the bachelor’s degree programs may be taken as a part of a combined BS/MS program. The three combined BS/MS programs offered are:
- Bachelor of Science in General Engineering and Master of Science in Computer Science/ Computer Networks/Information System Security/ Software Engineering/ Sustainable Energy Management;
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computer Science/ Computer Networks/Information System Security/ Software Engineering;
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and Management Science and Master of Science in Software Engineering / Sustainable Energy Management.
Students who complete a combined program must satisfy the accreditation requirements for both degrees. For further information, see the graduate program section.
Our programs are designed to produce engineers and computing professionals who can analyze and synthesize situations; who can find solutions to problems; who have a high degree of initiative, creativity, and rigor; and who favor working as part of a team. A unique feature of AUI SSE graduates is the ability to function effectively in multilingual, international settings.
These programs provide students with specialized, advanced skills that enable them to be highly effective in their areas of concentration, yet also give them sufficient breadth to learn new technologies quickly. This combination equips students with great potential for career advancement and professional development.
Students in the BSCSC program must elect a minor as part of the degree requirements. Students in the BSGE and BSEMS programs can tailor a thematic elective area and technical electives to match their interests. The software engineering thematic area leverages the traditional strengths of SSE, and the international engineering thematic area allows students to explore engineering disciplines as part of a study abroad experience.
In addition to the academic training offered in class at Al Akhawayn, our students have the opportunity to take part in exchange programs with numerous partner universities abroad and to work on joint research and development projects with industry.
These programs give the students sufficient breadth to quickly learn new technology and have great potential for career advancement. The School is continuing to work on offering new majors and concentrations in engineering.
First and foremost, our programs are designed to graduate engineers who can analyze/synthesize situations, who can find solutions to problems, who have a high degree of initiative, creativity and rigor, and who favor working in a team.