Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems (BSCSys) program will provide students with a strong core understanding of the concepts of computation using modern software and hardware. The program will enable students to devise software, hardware and network solutions for a wide range of industry sectors. It will also allow students to learn about distributed systems and will prepare them for positions of administrators of various computer systems’ infrastructures and security specialists. Graduates of this program will be able to succeed in graduate programs in computer science or related fields.
The BSCSys program emphasizes learning by doing through course projects and the use of state-of-the-art open-source and proprietary software tools and platforms for practical learning and final projects.
To support their business, all companies require in-house IT infrastructure expertise to provision, deploy, administer, maintain, optimize, and secure software, operating systems, datastore systems, data pipes, data centers, networks, virtual machines and/or cloud services.
Graduates of the BSCSys program will be able to:
- Carry out advanced work in specific areas of computer science.
- Perform hands-on work in computer science.
- Learn and apply new techniques and technologies in computer science.
- Succeed in graduate programs in computer systems and networking or related fields.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Plan, analyze, develop, deploy, administer, maintain and secure software systems and services, with strong knowledge of the context including operating systems, hardware and networks.
Graduates of the BSCSys program will be able to work as:
- Computer Systems Infrastructure Administrator;
- Computer Network Engineer;
- Cyber-Security Engineer;
- Support engineer;
- System administrator.
- Embedded systems engineer
- System integration engineer
In addition to Core Computer Science Courses, the program consists of specialization courses including the capstone project:
- Distributed and Parallel Computing
- Systems Programming
- Cloud Computing
- Network Security
- Introduction to Big Data Environment and Applications
- Embedded Systems
Who can apply?
The program is open for graduates of Moroccan or International high schools interested in earning a degree in Computer Systems.
Usual criteria for admission to the School of Science and Engineering:
- Baccalaureate in “Sciences Physiques et Chimiques”, “Sciences Maths A”, or “Sciences Maths B”, or equivalent secondary education with a focus on Mathematics, and (though not common) Baccalaureate in “Sciences et Technologies Electriques or Sciences Economiques.”
- GAT or SAT.