Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy Systems Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy Systems Engineering (BSRESE) is a program that builds on a general engineering core and combines the technical issues involved by renewable energy storage and conversion, and the development of smart grids, with the necessary background in economics and the conventional technologies. The program culminates in an interdisciplinary capstone experience. Graduates of the Renewable Energy program will be prepared to pursue engineering careers with the new and modernized public utilities, industrial facilities, manufacturers - or to pursue graduate education.
The BSRESE program emphasizes learning by doing through course projects and the use of state-of-the-art software tools and labs for practical learning and final projects.
The renewable energy sector is set to cover 50% of Morocco’s energy needs by 2030. This is a very fast and growing and strategic sector that requires skilled engineers to drive this growth not only from the technical side but also on the management and economy side.
Graduates of the BSRESE will be able to:
- Understand the key differences between renewable and non-renewable energy resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of renewable energy technologies that are currently available, and how they are used to provide energy together with their limitations.
- Demonstrate the use of methods that predict the performance of renewable energy technologies in terms of cost, reliability and environmental impact.
- Analyze energy efficiency considering efficient energy management techniques, economics, and social factors, using methods for energy audits in industrial and civil installations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the infrastructure and operations of renewable energy systems and their relationship to power generation, transmission, and distribution systems with their impact on society and the environment.
Graduates of the BSRESE program will be able to work as:
- Energy Consulting Engineers
- Plant engineers
- Energy auditors
- Field service engineers
- Wind or CPV/ PVT Plant Operations engineers
- Wind or CPV/ PVT Plant maintenance engineers
- Smart grid integration engineers
In addition to Core General Engineering Courses, the program consists of specialization courses including the capstone project:
- Energy Management
- Energy Economics and Finance
- Energy Distribution Systems
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Smart Grid and Grid-Connected System
- Environment, Sustainability, and Energy
- Conventional Energy Resources
- Energy Storage
Who can Apply?
The program is open for graduates of Moroccan or International high schools interested in earning a degree in Renewable Energy Systems Engineering.
Usual criteria for admission to the School of Science and Engineering:
- Baccalaureate in “Sciences Physiques et Chimiques”, “Sciences Maths A”, or “Sciences Maths B”, or equivalent secondary education with a focus on Mathematics, and (though not common) Baccalaureate in “Sciences et Technologies Electriques or Sciences Economiques.”
- GAT or SAT.