Bachelor of Science in Engineering Decision Support Systems
The Bachelor of Science in Engineering Decision Support Systems (BSEDSS) aims to introduce students to use quantitative methods and techniques for effective decisions–making; model formulation from word problems into mathematical modeling and applications of analytic techniques, and computer packages to solve decision-making problems facing business managers in a variety of decision environments.
The BSEDSS program emphasizes learning by doing through course projects and the use of state-of-the-art software tools and labs for practical learning and final projects.
As Morocco’s economy modernizes and grows, businesses and industry alike will be looking to the optimization of performance, pricing, deployed resources, cost-effectiveness, and/or operating time. On one hand, are the simulation of what-if scenarios and impact analysis, and on the other, are major problems encountered by all businesses and industries particularly in the logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing.
Master Theory of:
- Linear Programming (LP): Maximization and Minimization problems (Simplex Method).
- Problems of Assignment and Allocation of resources.
- Graph Theory applied to Decision Making.
Master practice to:
- Understanding how to convert a real-world optimization problem, given in words, into the mathematical formulation.
- Analyzing problems including the use of duality and complementary slackness.
- Formulating mathematical and algorithmic solutions to network problems using graph optimization algorithms, branch-and-bound, and heuristic methods to solve general integer problems.
- Using Matlab/AMPL programming for solving optimization problems;
- Analyzing and interpreting results including complexity.
- Graduates of the BSEDSS program will be able to work as:
- Optimization Engineers
- Decision support Engineers
- Logistics and distribution engineers
- R&D engineers
- Operations engineer
In addition to Core Engineering and Management Courses, the program consists of specialization courses including the capstone project:
- Optimization and Operations Research
- Advanced Stochastic Systems
- Forecasting and Time Series
- Graph Theory
- Advanced Programming and Algorithms
- Industrial System Simulation
- Introduction to industry 4.0
Who can Apply?
The program is open for graduates of Moroccan or International high schools interested in earning a degree in Engineering Decision Support Systems.
Usual criteria for admission to the School of Science and Engineering:
- Baccalaureate in “Sciences Physiques et Chimiques”, “Sciences Maths A”, or “Sciences Maths B”, or equivalent secondary education with a focus on Mathematics, and (though not common) Baccalaureate in “Sciences et Technologies Electriques or Sciences Economiques.”
- GAT or SAT.