Bachelor of Science in Engineering and Management Science
The BSEMS program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
The mission of the BSEMS program at AUI is to train engineers with a strong technical foundation and understanding of the principles of management. BSEMS graduates will be able to lead innovation and change in a variety of professional settings and industries. They will be able to work effectively across disciplines, cultures, and boundaries.
Program Educational Objectives
The program’s educational objectives are to train engineers with an ability to:
1. Utilize management and engineering knowledge and skills, including design, implementation, integration, and evaluation of systems across a broad range of disciplines and organizations.
2. Utilize 21st-century skills, including collaborative skills and communication in multi-lingual national and global settings to succeed in their professions.
3. Contribute to Morocco’s Industry, Business, and Society progression.
4. Engage in life-long learning, including pursuing graduate studies.
Graduates of the BSEMS program will have an ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Integrate management support systems into different technical environments.
The 135 SCH BSEMS degree consists of six areas:
1. General Education Area (30 SCH)
2. Mathematics and Sciences Area (30 SCH)
3. Engineering Core (48 SCH)
4. Engineering Management (12 SCH)
5. Engineering Thematic Area (9 SCH)
6. Free Electives (6 SCH)
- See AUI Catalog 2021-2023 for further details on BSEMS six areas:
- See BSEMS flowchart for possible courses’ sequence (internal link)
The first graduates of the BSEMS program were in 2006. There have been 480 graduates so far. The enrollment and graduation numbers for recent years are as follows: