Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The BSCSC program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
The BSCSC program’s long-term educational objectives are to prepare graduates within 3-5 years after graduation, with the ability to:
- Utilize computer science knowledge, attitudes, and skills, including design, implementation, integration, and evaluation of computing systems across a broad range of application domains and organizations;
- Utilize 21st-century skills, including proficiency in IT and digital collaboration in multilingual national and global settings to succeed in their professions;
- Contribute to Morocco’s IT Industry and Society's progression; and
- Engage in life-long learning, including pursuing graduate studies.
Graduates of the BSCSC program will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
The 136 SCH BSCSC degree consists of five areas:
- General Education (30 SCH)
- Mathematics, Sciences, and Engineering (30 SCH)
- Computer Science Major (55 SCH)
- Minor (15 SCH) 5. Free Electives (6 SCH)
- See AUI Catalog 2021-2023 for further details on BSGE four areas:
- See BSEMS flowchart for possible courses’ sequence (internal link)
The first graduates of the BSCSC program were in 2006. There have been 435 graduates so far. The enrollment and graduation numbers for recent years are as follows:
|Academic Year||Fall Enrollment||Degrees awarded|