Bachelor of Science in Digital Industry
The Bachelor of Science in Digital Industry (BSDI) program combines electrical engineering with computer science to focus on the hardware and software for a robust Digital Industry that responds to real-time events and culminates in a capstone design experience. Graduates of the BSDI program will be prepared to pursue engineering careers with the new and modernized public utilities, industrial facilities, that will contribute solutions in line with Industry 4.0 to meet the growing demand for smarter, connected, electronic systems including the growing areas of IoT and smart (autonomous) vehicles with rolling stock designers and manufacturers such as Alstom, or to pursue graduate education.
The BSDI program emphasizes learning by doing through course projects and the use of state-of-the-art software tools, development platforms, IoT platforms for practical learning, and final projects.
This program comes in support to current governmental plans for industrial modernization and continuous investments in the aerospace and automotive industries, as well as investments in smart cities. Both aerospace and car manufacturing in Morocco will be in dire need for engineers mastering Industry 4.0 underlying technologies as highlighted in the Recommandation #11: “Intégrer les évolutions technologiques et les services dédiés dans l’ensemble des stratégies sectorielles de l’Etat : cloud, blockchain, intelligence artificielle, ainsi que l’ensemble des technologies autour de l’industrie 4.0”, in their proposal “Le digital, au cœur du modèle de développement,” for a new development model for Morocco. (APEBI, Dec 2019)
The BSDI program aims to provide students with the capacity to develop practical skills and knowledge required to understand, design, analyze and implement embedded systems with possible integration for building fully functional autonomous systems.
Graduates of the BSDI program will be able to:
- Design, program, and evaluate systems in real-time.
- Analyze, design, test and maintain complex embedded systems.
- Describe, validate, and optimize embedded electronic systems in different areas of industrial application.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate hardware and software requirements for communication and control applications.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to apply the properties of sensors for designing electronic systems that integrate measurement and behavior in different areas of industrial production.
- Demonstrate the use of methods and tools for the development and refinement of programs implemented on microprocessors, microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the most suitable processing of signaling and the associated hardware.
Graduates of the BSDI program will be able to work as:
- Cyber Systems Administrator
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Cyber Engineer
- Digital Industry Research Engineer
In addition to Core Computer Science Courses, the program consists of specialization courses including the capstone project:
- Embedded Systems
- IoT and Big Data Streaming
- Digital Industry
- Blockchain Business Applications
- Cloud Application Development
- Industrial Robotics
Who can apply?
The program is open for graduates of Moroccan or International high schools interested in earning a degree in Digital Industry.
Usual criteria for admission to the School of Science and Engineering:
- Baccalaureate in “Sciences Physiques et Chimiques”, “Sciences Maths A”, or “Sciences Maths B”, or equivalent secondary education with a focus on Mathematics, and (though not common) Baccalaureate in “Sciences et Technologies Electriques or Sciences Economiques.”
- GAT or SAT.