The Master of Science in Human Resource Development aims to develop HRD Professionals and Specialists able to identify strategic individual and organizational capabilities and leverage them through different developmental actions to shape individual and team leadership, build collective intelligence, foster business innovation, and achieve superior performance.
The way the program has been tailored offers trainees innovative, highly stimulating and challenging learning experiences. The program intends to be a milestone in participants’ career in which they can share ideas, learn, and grow, to make a difference to them that is not just professional, but also personal.
The program builds on the two major realms of focus within HRD, namely organizational development and personnel training and development, and considers also the recent extensions of HRD theory and practice to include other domains like career development, quality and performance improvement.
The program offers foundation courses, core courses and electives. The core courses are split up into two certificate programs: a first level program focusing on Strategic HRD and Change and an advanced certificate on Leadership and Performance Improvement. Participants have also the choice between four elective courses or two elective courses and a research project to fulfill their degree requirements.
Who Can Participate?
The Master of Science in Human Resource Development is designed for new graduates with a first job experience (Minimum of 6 Months with the same employer) and practitioners alike and presents a natural choice for everyone who makes leadership and management development her/his key career objective. The Master of Science in Human Resource Development will prepare participants for HRD Management, Leadership and Executive positions.
By completing the Master of Science in HRD, participants will develop the following competences:
- Understand the trends affecting business environment and human resource development;
- Recognize the increasing importance of human resource development in management;
- Participate in and support organizational strategic planning;
- Design HRD strategies and actions to support the effective achievement of organizational goals and objectives at the national and international levels;
- Build HRD tools to leverage human and knowledge resources and to strengthen organizational capabilities;
- Master different HRD realms and domains with their respective techniques for individual and organizational performance improvement;
- Use information and communication technologies to support the efficiency of different HRD operations and practices;
- Implement HRD strategies and actions in alignment with organizational strategic plans;
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial results of HRD strategies and actions;
- Communicate HRD results to different stakeholders and seek their further support and participation.
Program Review & Accreditation
The program has been reviewed and validated by Professors Maria Cseh and Shaista Khilji, from the Human and Organizational Learning Department of George Washington University.
The program is accredited by the Moroccan Government, Bulletin Officiel N° 5994.