AUI 2.0: Building for Impact
Al Akhawayn, a Constantly Evolving Campus!
Al Akhawayn University has embarked on an ambitious new strategy of growth, aiming at becoming a leading institution of higher education in Morocco and a beacon in the Middle East and Africa for the 21st century Liberal Arts education. The University aims to provide a physical environment that represents the ambitions of its students and enriches the community. The state-of-the-art accommodation and new Student Center are set to transform the student experience. The University also plans to construct multi-purpose buildings on the academic area to further enhance the educational experience.
To achieve its objective of consolidating its position as a leading institution in the region, the University has designed an expansion strategy that involves new academic programs and infrastructure development. On the infrastructure front, three sets of infrastructures are currently underway. These include:
- A 4000 m² Cutting-edge Student Center to unleash your inspiration with:
- Double-height Reception Hall
- Entertainment and Game Spaces
- Food Court with multiple providers
- Bookstore & Campus Store
- Student Lounge & Meeting Rooms
- Student Activities Offices
- 4 modern academic buildings to maximize the positive academic impact:
- Modular multipurpose open space with a Reception Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- Faculty Offices
- 14 new top-notch residential buildings to transform your campus experience:
- Single Rooms
- Double Rooms
- Rooms adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Encouraging Healthy Lifestyles and Active Student Engagement
Another goal of the University is to promote a thriving athletic community. Some of the transformations students can expect to see include:
- An artificial, FIFA-approved turf for the main soccer field.
- A multi-purpose open field, where playing football, tennis, volleyball, and basketball will be possible.
- A CrossFit gym.
- Gym renovations to upgrade existing infrastructure to two indoor courts instead of one.
- A multi-use covered area for playing futsal, basketball, and volleyball.
- A new, 1.5-kilometer walking and running path around the borders of campus.
For more information, please check the following booklet.