British Council Installs 1st Digital Library Wall on Campus
The British Council in Morocco in collaboration with the Department of Higher Education & Research at the Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education & Scientific Research, installed the first Digital Library Wall at Al Akhawayn Mohammed VI Library on December 16.
The launch ceremony was attended virtually by Dr. Driss Ouaouicha, Minister Delegate in charge of Higher Education and Research, Mr. Tony Reilly, British Council Director in Morocco, Mr. Simon Martin, British Ambassador to Morocco, President Amine Bensaid, and AUI faculty, staff, and students.
The British Council digital library is a world-class resources Library with scannable QR codes providing a wide range of resources from online study resources to popular eBooks, magazines, audiobooks, and award-winning documentaries, accessed via any smartphone or tablet. Under the slogan ‘Like it, Scan it, Read it, the Digital Library Wall gives access to learning resources to develop skills and to a uniquely curated range of English-medium resources.
By registering to the British Council digital library, you will get access to:
- 4,000 full-colour, digital editions such as Newsweek for instant desktop and mobile reading.
- 2,400 full-text newspapers from over 100 countries.
- Read or listen on the go to over 3,000 titles from all major publishers and authors.
- 1500+ comic titles are available to library members of all ages.
- Over 7,000 pop culture favourites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
- Over 1,500 of live moments in music, full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand to any digital device
- More than 600 productions, as well as talks and discussions from leading theatre practitioners.
- 100,000 eBooks in all academic subject areas along with powerful research tools.
- Online how-to training on hundreds of common software applications and devices, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, google Docs and IPad.
You can explore the collection to discover the various ways you can read, borrow, and learn with the Library by registering online: https://library.britishcouncil.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-morocco.pl?_ga=2.113850820.2115590010.1606989395-1350292374.1584355672.