Congratulations to Best Capstone Projects
Each academic year, Al Akhawayn graduating students present their senior capstones and showcase their work with the rest of the community. Although the usual in-person recognition was not possible, the desire to celebrate the hard work of outstanding students continued.
The School of Business Administration (SBA) celebrated its Capstone Award Ceremony with over 330 international households virtually joining and an expected 1000 family and friends from Morocco, Europe, and Americas joining this major milestone for the 125 SBA Seniors.
For the first time in the School of Business Administration’s history, the SBA Capstone Ceremony hosted prestigious international judges from the USA, Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, and Jordan who announced the eight winning teams. These experts evaluated 48 SBA teams by watching video presentations made by the students and shared on YouTube channels. Student teams focused on the theme of "Digitalization in Agriculture Across Africa" and presented innovative corporate strategies for businesses in Morocco, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, and several UK companies seeking to invest in Morocco.
Please find below the eight winning teams of the Spring 2020 Capstone Corporate Strategy Competition.
- Best Innovative Strategy in the Category of Moroccan Products: Tarik Cherradi, Anas Amalhay, and Mohamed Abdulkahar
- Best Innovative Strategy in the Category of African Market Expansion: Rajaa Amrani Houssayni, Yasmina Hiloui, and Aya Lyoubi
- Best Innovative Strategy in the Category of UK Agri-food Business: Khawla Chedad, Nouha Mokhtari, and Yasmine Moktary
- Best Innovative Strategy in the category of Financial Inclusion: Hind Abouredouane, Zaineb Laanaya, and Ikram Moussaid El Idrissi
- Best Innovative Strategy in the category of Moroccan Regions: Hajar Ajjab, Saad Arafat, and Chama Debbagh
- Best Innovative strategy in the Category of Digital Products for Agricultural Challenges: Issam El Azzaoui, Zineb Jariri, and Soulaimane Ismaili
- Best Innovative strategy in the Category of Digital Products for Agricultural Challenges: Amira Anwari, Asmae Lahrichi, and Daoud Imtiaz Magid
- Best Innovative Strategy in the Category of Digital Services for Agricultural Challenges: Ghita El Alaoui, Rime El Mousadik, Samya Kasimi
The 17th edition of the Stonehenge Award Ceremony is an opportunity for the School of Science and Engineering (SSE) to recognize and celebrate science and engineering students’ achievements in Engineering Design. This year’s edition celebrates the best three capstones in engineering entrepreneurship and innovation submitted in Spring 2019 and Fall 2020, out of a total of 82. The SSE has decided to create, starting from this edition two additional prizes to recognize the achievements of the second and third Stonehenge finalists with an award of 8,000 Dhs for first place, 4,000 Dhs for the second and 2,000 Dhs for the third. The three finalists participated in the showcase through a five-minute online pitch about their product/solution.
Special congratulations to the following teams for their outstanding SSE capstone projects:
- 1st prize - Yūki - social skills challenger mobile app, Karima Kadaoui
- 2nd prize - Comprehensive food ordering system in AUI, Mouad Lasri
- 3rd prize - An Arduino-based smart farming system, Salwa Mitouilli