AAA Next Initiative: Rebuilding Trust in the Alumni Community
In July of 2018, two members of the Al Akhawayn Alumni Community, Charif Houachmi, a member of the board of advisors, and Fatima Ezzahra Azouzi, started the "Al Akhawayn Alumni Association Next Initiative", or "AAA Next Initiative", to prepare a detailed and researched recommendation report based on the results of a large survey. The purpose of the AAA Next Initiative program is to re-establish the trust and confidence between the AUI Alumni Community and the Alumni Association.
The Alumni community has agreed to use the AAA Next Initiative Recommendation Report as the basis for the restructuring of the Alumni Association, and after the implementation of the new legal status and code of conduct for the Association the call of interest for the Executive Board and the Board of Trustees was launched. Eleven lists were presented for the Executive Board, and only three completed the candidacy package within the deadline. The Executive Board elections took place on December 8th, with 385 alumni voting, representing over 55% of registered alumni. List number 10, the winning list, was as follows:
AAA Executive Board members:
- President: Salwa Nana (SSE, BA 2011) - Team lead at Accenture.
- 1st VP: Rabha El Hajjaoui (SSE, BA 2012) - Senior Product Marketing Specialist at GET Group Holdings in Dubai.
- 2nd VP; Taha Moujane (SHSS, BA 2018) - Fresh Graduate, Looking for new opportunities.
- General Secretary: Ali El Ouafiq (SSE, BA 2012) - Founder, Meta Capital.
- Treasurer: Salim El Kohen (SSE, BA 2016) - Energy & Environment Consultant at ALTO INGENIERIE.
- Advisor: Fatima Zahraa Daraoui (SHSS, BA 2010) - Deputy Manager at Groupe Scolaire Azzaitoune.
- Advisor: Oussama Sefrioui (SSE, BA 2002) - General Manager, AGO-SOLUTIONS.
- Advisor: Abdelkarim Adyel (SSE, BA 2013) - CGEM.
Elected Board of trustees:
- Wadia Ait Hamza (SHSS, 2005) Head Global Shapers Community at World Economic Forum, Zurich
- Meriem Aida Raoui (SBA, 2002) DGA, Mifa-Yamaha, Casablanca
- Zakia Hajjaji (SBA, 1999)Directeur RH et Communication, Orange, Casablanca
- Fatima Azzahra El Azzouzi (SSE, 2009) Technical Consultant, Microsoft, Casablanca
- Kamal El Hardouzi (SBA, 2013) Entrepreneur, Fenris Agency, Casablanca
The new board members already organized their first event which was a Meet and Greet on December 20th in Casablanca which saw around 80 alumni from the three schools attending. All graduating classes from 1998 to 2018 were represented at the event.