- Assistant Professor of Engineering
- School of Science and Engineering
- Status: Full-time
- Office number : 102
- Building : 7
- Office phone : (+212)-535-864-005
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : www.aui.ma
- Degree : • Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 2010 o PhD in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication) Thesis topic “High Resolution Direction of Arrival Estimation Analysis and Implementation in a Smart Antenna System” Advisors: Prof. Richard Wolff, Dr. Yikun Huang • Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 2006 o Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication and controls) Thesis topic “Computer Based Characterization of a Spatial-Spectral (S2) Material Signal Processor” Advisors: Prof. Randy Babbitt, Prof. Richard Wolff • Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 2003 o Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Final project topic “A wireless interface for a bio-detection device” Advisor: Mr. Andy Olson
- Research areas and expertise : Smart grid system implementation Energy efficiency Smart antenna systems RF circuits design and implementation
- Grants and honors : o Recipient of the presidential innovative fund to implement the Center for Learning Excellence o Donald A. Pierre Graduate Student Publication Award in the conference proceedings manuscript category, May 2010.
Dr. Khallaayoun worked in the wireless communication field for eight years where he developed a strong theoretical background and a vast algorithmic analysis history, especially in high resolution direction of arrival estimation and beamforming. Dr. Khallaayoun has designed and implemented a DOA estimation system. Dr. Khallaayoun worked in the optical telecommunication field where he characterized cutting edge optical processor (S2CHIP). Currently Dr. Khallaayoun's research includes feasibility of the smart grid concept in Morocco, energy efficiency in developing countries, AMI, smart antenna systems, and communication challenges in the smart grid.
Bibliography: o A. Khallaayoun, Y. Huang “ Spatial Selective (S2) MUSIC Performance Analysis”, 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI National Radio Science Meeting, July2012 o A. Khallaayoun, A. Olson A. S. Taxinger “Hardware Design and implementation of a Direction of Arrival estimation block” 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI National Radio Science Meetingm July2012 o A. Khallaayoun, R. J. Weber and Y. Huang “A Blind Iterative Calibration Method for High Resolution DOA Estimation” MILCOM 2011, Nov 7th -10th, Baltimore, MD. o A. Khallaayoun, Y. Huang , “An Adaptive Smart Antenna Testbed for WiMAX Radio”, IEEE Mobile WiMAX 2009, July 9th10th, Napa, CA o A. Khallaayoun, Y. Huang , “Spatial Selective MUSIC for Direction of Arrival Estimation with Uniform Circular Array, IEEE AP-S international symposium, June 10-15, 2007 o R. Krishna Mohan, T. Chang, M. Tian, S. Bekker, A. Olson, C. Ostrander, A.Khallaayoun, C. Dollinger, W.R. Babbitt, Z. Cole, R.R. Reibel, K.D. Merkel, Y. Sun, R. L. Cone, F. Schlottau, K. H. Wagner, "Ultra-wideband spectral analysis using S2 technology," J. Lumin. 127, 116-128 (2007).