Mediterranean Regional STEAM Astronomy Summer School
This Summer School is organized in the framework of the I-OAE Office activities for the Mediterranean countries. It will mainly involve members of NAEC teams in the Mediterranean area but other interested teams/educators are also welcome to participate.
The school will focus on the following topics:
- The use of specific astronomy instruments and data in the classroom
- Innovative techniques for teaching astronomy with data
- Strategies for incorporating real astronomical data into curriculum
- Techniques for adapting data to different levels of education
- Assessment and evaluation of data-driven instruction
The school will be arranged in two parts:
Part I: Sharing best practices in astronomy education where participants will be sharing their astronomy educational resources and/or hands on activities.
Part II: STEAM-MED Co-design Workshop where participants will be involved in co-design activities, to test and to tailor new STEAM Astronomy educational resources.