Undergraduate Freshmen Non-Degree Seeking
Freshmen non-degree seeking status is designed for students who graduate from a high school and who wish to take courses at Al Akhawayn University but do not plan to pursue a degree.
Freshmen non-degree enrollment does not require a formal admission process adopted for the degree-seeking students or formal entrance requirements. Enrollment as a non-degree student does not guarantee regular admission to the University. Students wishing to apply for admission to one of the degrees offered at AUI should refer to the appropriate procedures for Freshman Students, transfer, or graduate admissions.
- Completed the Freshman Non-degree Seeking Application Form
- Submit a motivation letter
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of 500 MAD / 800 MAD for internationals
- Certified copy of high school diploma
- Certified copy of national identity card or passport (passport for non-Moroccan candidates)
- Two recent color passport-size photographs
- A TOEFL score of 530 and 4.5 in writing (420 for admission to the AUI Language Center) or the equivalent in iBT of 71 and 19 or higher in writing section (36 for admission to the Language Center) -Applicable if applicants plan to enroll in courses outside the Language Center-
- Applicants who do not have a TOEFL score of 530, or the equivalent in iBT of 71 and 19 or higher in writing, must pay an additional 480 MAD to take Al Akhawayn’s Institutional TOEFL
Important information before registration
- No more than 15 semester credit hours per semester
- Freshmen non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive scholarships or financial aid.
- Freshmen non-degree seeking students wishing to continue at AUI beyond a maximum of two semesters must apply as a degree-seeking student. Successful completion of the courses taken in a non-degree status does not guarantee admission to the University.
- Freshmen non-degree seeking students are not required to follow a specific sequence in courses or a specific major, however, they cannot be waived from course(s) prerequisites.
- Students enrolled in a freshmen non-degree status will register for classes on a seat-available basis.
- Freshmen non-degree seeking students who apply for a degree at AUI and are admitted must meet all the graduation requirements indicated the catalog in force. Previous courses can be transferred if they meet the selected degree requirements.
- Spring 2021: January 15.
- Fall 2021: June 30