Al Akhawayn University Ombuds Office was established in November 2016 by President Ouaouicha with the following purpose:
“The purpose of this office is (i) to provide impartial and confidential assistance to members of the university community who are aggrieved or concerned about an issue, through informal means, which include consulting, negotiation, and mediation. It provides (ii) referrals and assists members of the community with access to other university resources that may be helpful to them. The Ombuds Office also (iii) helps identify potential problem areas in university policies and practices and makes recommendations for the resolution. The Coordinator of the Ombuds Office reports to the University President and serves ex-officio on the University Academic Council“(email message to the community on 16 November 2016).
Al Akhawayn University Ombuds Office serves to promote a culture of understanding, respect, and fairness to resolve conflicts and deal with concerns that arise within the university community. It provides a confidential, independent and impartial process to facilitate the informal resolution of differences among students, staff, and faculty.
- Listen to, and discuss, concerns, and complaints from students, faculty, and staff
- Help individuals find answers to questions of concern related to university and campus life
- Help resolve conflicts through informal investigation and mediation
- Inform administrators of trends and patterns of problems and concerns
- Help provide fair and equitable treatment to all members of the AUI community
- Help administrators be responsive to concerns of health, safety, and ethics
Dr. Mohammed Dahbi, Ombuds Office Coordinator
Office: Building 10 / Room 106. Extension: x2422