About the program
The Presidential Internship Program (PiP) at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI) was established in Fall 2016 with the aim of providing recent graduates from US-accredited, American-style “Liberal Arts” universities around the globe the opportunity to learn about Moroccan culture and language, while working at an American-style “Liberal Arts” university nestled in a pristine, peaceful region in the Middle Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
Presidential Interns will spend one academic year working at AUI where they will develop crucial interpersonal and office-related skills. During the application process, interns are able to select from a variety of full-time positions, and are ultimately matched with the office that best suits their personal interests and professional qualifications.
Al Akhawayn University welcomes applications from candidates of all cultural backgrounds. The internship itself is designed to allow graduates of all nationalities the opportunity to live and work in Ifrane, and to experience both Morocco and the wider MENA region.
The perks of being a presidential intern include:
- A Rent-free on-campus housing.
- A settling-in allowance of 500MAD in addition to the first stipend installment.
- A monthly stipend of 3000MAD for living expenses.
- Health insurance and access to the AUI clinic.
- Access to the campus’ Mohammed VI Library, the fitness center, the restaurants and café, academic buildings, and our extensive bus system.
- Access to professional development and one course a semester (of the intern’s choice).
- Organized trips around Morocco with various student organizations.
- Opportunities for service and volunteering.
- 15 days of leave (vacation and sick days) in addition to official AUI staff holidays.
Still Have Questions? Let Us Know!
To contact us with any further questions, please email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
We’re also active on social media. Feel free to reach out to us on our Facebook account, or else check us out on Instagram at “auipresidentialinternship”.