al akhawayn alumni association
Since its launch in 1995, over 6,500 alumni have graduated from Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI), creating a strong community based in Morocco and outside the Kingdom.
The Al Akhawayn Alumni Association (AAA) was founded in March 2003 on the initiative of AUI and its graduates. It now counts more than 6,500 members spread across the world.
The AAA's main objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Regrouping AUI alumni from different schools, disciplines, and backgrounds;
- Developing a strong professional network and growing an environment of collaboration;
- Establishing multiple partnerships, serving existing alumni and the community overall;
- Providing a mentorship platform for students and fresh graduates and supporting them in integrating the job market.
The AAA is managed by a Board of Executives (BoE), elected every 2 years and who coordinate the activities of the association with the contribution and support of other members as well as AUI's Alumni Affairs Office.
While AAA is an independent Moroccan association, it is recognized by AUI's Board of Trustees and is considered as an integral part the University.
The latest Board of Executives' elections took place in March 2022, whereby a new board, elected by AUI alumni, took office on April 2nd, 2022. The current members of the AAA Board of Executives are:
- President: Hamza El Merray
- Vice-President in charge of Communications: Oum Keltoum Nejmi
- Vice-President in charge of External Relations: Salma Daoudi
- General Secretary: Soukaina Ouarab
- Treasurer: Imad Goulhiane
- Community Happiness Coordinator: Oualid Zazou
- Chapters Coordinator: Iman Bermaki
- Clubs Coordinator: Maftaha Benchlikha
- Communication and Digital Coordinator: Taha Benazoun
The newly elected board has appointed alumnus Samir Lebbar, President and General Manager at P&G North Africa, as their advisor and mentor to support and guide them with their mission.